Terms and Conditions
Created: August 2018
Last updated: 1 October 2018
The Singularity Company is a private limited company, registered in the UK, registration number: 11125739. The Singularity Company is not an outsourcer, employer or Labour broker.
The Singularity Company is an advertising, hosting and booking platform specific to the space of Singularity.
The following terms and conditions govern your access to and use of The Singularity Company platform, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through The Singularity Company.
This Platform is offered and available to users who are 21 years of age or older. If you are under 21 you may not use this Platform or The Singularity Company Services. By using this Platform, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and meet all the foregoing eligibility requirements.
By clicking accept (when prompted to do so), you understand and agree to abide by all the terms and conditions stipulated. Your access to and use of the Services and Products is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with the Terms and Conditions stipulated in this Terms and Conditions document. The Terms and Conditions apply to all visitors, users and others who access The Singularity Companyâ€™s Website, Services and Products.
By accessing or using the Services and Products of The Singularity Company you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you should not access nor make use of The Singularity Companyâ€™s Services and Products.
Our Customer Services team is available if you have any questions regarding the platform or Terms and Conditions. Kindly contacting the Customer Services team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Singularity Company at this stage is not vat registered.
- The Singularity Company intends offering a Singularity Product Shop in 2019 / 2020.
- The Singularity Company depends on the highest standards of professionalism, integrity, morals and ethics of all its users (Clients, Customers, Contingent Workers and Training Partners). The Singularity Company chooses to operate on the basis of trust. Where such is breached by any user(s), we reserve all rights and remedies in terms of international law.
- Search and book Contingent Workers and or Training Events
- Who book and make use of The Singularity Company’s Contingent Workers hereby enter into a trade agreement and contract with The Singularity Company that acts as the booking agent between Customer and Contingent Worker.
- May not book, or re-book or contract with Contingent Workers outside of The Singularity Company platform. Should extra hours be required by a client, these must be purchased via the same initial process of booking a Contingent Worker on and through the site.
- Contingent Workers
- May not approach clients for a book, or re-booking of services or contract with Clients outside of The Singularity Company platform. Should extra hours be required by a client, these must be purchased via the same initial process of booking a Contingent Worker on and through the site.
- Selecting Main Package (MP)
Contingent Workers and Training Partners are required to purchase a Main Package to access and use the respective Services and Products platform.
Subscriptions are billed monthly on a recurring basis.
- Selecting Value added Services (VAS)
Contingent Workers and Training Partners may choose to purchase monthly VAS through the site after registering and paying for the MP.
Contingent Workers and/or Training Partners are required to register to make use of the Singularity Company platform. The registration process consists of an application form, membership subscription and an application review process by The Singularity Company quality assurance team. The registration must be completed accurately and with full disclosure.
Clients are required to register to make use of the Singularity Company platform when booking Contingent Workers and when procuring tickets for training events. The registration process consists of an application form. The registration must be completed accurately and with full disclosure.
- Making Purchases
When you purchase any service or product, you will be asked to supply certain information relevant to your purchase including, without limitation your:
- Name and Surname
- Contact details
- Physical Location and Billing Address details
- Banking information such as Credit Card details to make purchases through The Singularity Companyâ€™s secure payment gateway provided by Stripe
Clients are required to pay for Contingent Worker Services and Training Partner Events upfront when booking before the commencement of the service. Clients are billed at the time of purchase through The Singularity Company platform. Clients are emailed a receipt and invoice along with a confirmation of order and purchase. Contingent Workers services are offered at hourly rates and clients may only book according to any number of hours required on a monthly basis.Â The Contingent Worker is only paid after the Client has indicated satisfaction with the service. Any disputes about lack of performance or quality must be resolved between the two parties and The Singularity Company takes no responsibility for such. Clients MUST give The Singularity Company permission by way of an email to email@example.com to release the payment to the Contingent Worker.
- Payment terms
British Pound sterling based
The Singularity Company operates in British Pounds Sterling Â£.
Contingent Worker and Training Partner packages are billed monthly on a recurring basis.
Forex and bank charges
For all payments made by The Singularity Company to Contingent Workers and or to Training Partners outside of the UK, a fixed fee of Â£Â 20 will be deduced for Bank and Forex charges.
Currency of payment and fluctuations in exchange rates risk
Contingent Workers and Training Partners must be conscious that they are charging for their services and events in British Pounds Sterling Â£ irrespective of the currency of their current location.
The Singularity Company is not held liable for fluctuations in exchange rates between the time of booking payments received from clients and payments made to Contingent Workers or Training Partners. We reserve the right, to apply the more favorable rate to The Singularity Company, if there is any variation that adversely affects the Singularity Company in terms of the exchange rate between the time of receipt of funds from the Client and the date of payments due to the Contingent Worker or Training Partners.
These are covered and included in the Hourly Rate charged by The Singularity Company for the Contingent Worker:
Euro Cards 1.4% + 20p
Non-Euro Cards 2.9% + 20p
Clients pay 3% + 30 p for booking charges for training events / webinars
Clients making payments
When does the client makes payment?
- The Client makes payment at the time of booking a Contingent Worker or purchasing tickets for a Training Partner event.
- Any Nuticket booking fees for tickets that are booked through The Singularity Company platform are added in the total to be paid by the Client through Stripe.
Training Partners receiving payment
- The Singularity Company charges 15% of the revenue from the event.
- The ticket fees paid to the Training Partner will be net of 15% of the revenue as stated in the package breakdown.
- Please note that an additional Â£ 20 will be deducted from the overall total of ticket sales to cover Bank and Forex charges.
- Training Partners who host the events will have their revenue paid out to them after the completion of the event
- Payments by The Singularity Company to TPs may take up to 7 days to reflect in the TPâ€™s account
Contingent Worker receiving payment
- The CW must Invoice the Singularity Company after completion of work and after approval by the client
- Invoices should follow a similar format to the one sent in the example sent in the confirmation of Booking email.
- Payments by The Singularity Company to CWâ€™s may take up to 7 days to reflect on the CWâ€™s account.
- Refund policy and cancellation
Should the CW for any reason not accept or become available during the time of the assignment and any fees outstanding having been paid by the customer or client, these will be refunded by the singularity company to the customer upon request less Â£20 banking and forex charges for client outside of the UK.
You are entitled to a full refund (less banking and forex charges) for your membership package if:
- You cancel your membership for any reason within One month of purchasing a membership package
You are NOT entitled to any refund for your membership package(s) if:
- you have provided inaccurate or false information in your application
- If either the Client or the CW or TP contract, or attempt to contract between themselves, outside of the use of The Singularity Company Platform.
- Liability for Taxes
Contingent Workers and Training Partners please note that The Singularity Company is not VAT registered yet.
Contingent Workers and Training Partners You are required when you set your hourly rate(s) or fees on your profile, to ensure that you include VAT into your hourly rate. The VAT rate applicable to the country where you are based and working from and where your bank account is located should be used.
Contingent Workers and Training Partners are responsible for their own PAYE and is not for The Singularity company account
Contingent Workers and Training Partners are responsible for their own Company Tax and is not for The Singularity company account
Tax on any earnings
Contingent Workers and Training Partners are responsible for their own Tax on earnings and is not for The Singularity company account
- Submission of profiles
Contingent Workers and Training Partners are required to submit and complete a profile during the registration process that captures information for portfolio purposes on The Singularity Company platform.
This information is only available/accessible to/by the profile owner and The Singularity Company.
Certain information from user profiles is used for portfolio purposes to display to Clients when sourcing, locating and booking Contingent Worker services or Training Partner events.
- Agreement regarding Project Scope for Contingent WorkersÂ
Agreement regarding the nature of the project / scope of work / deliverables and time frames should be reached between the Contingent Worker and the Client after the initial booking of hours has taken place.
If the project extends over more than one month, the additional hours must be rebooked by the Client on The Singularity Company website on a monthly basis before hours are worked.
- User Conduct and Protection
The Singularity Company maintains a friendly, community-spirited and professional environment. Users should maintain and respect that spirit while using The Singularity Company platform. This section relates to the expected conduct users should adhere to while interacting with each other on The Singularity Company platform.
To report a violation of our Terms & Conditions, User Misconduct, or inquiries regarding your account, please contact our Customer Services: firstname.lastname@example.org .
To protect our users’ privacy, Clients, Contingent Workers and Training Partners personal details are kept anonymous. Requesting or providing email or other contact addresses, Skype/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details to communicate outside of The Singularity Company to circumvent or abuse The Singularity Companyâ€™s messaging systems or the platform is not permitted.
The Singularity Company does not provide any guarantee of the level of Service offered to Clients or Contingent Workers. We also provide no warranty with respect to the Contingent Worker Services, their delivery, and any communications between Clients and Contingent Workers. We encourage users to take advantage of our rating system, our community and to apply common sense in choosing appropriate Contingent Worker Service offerings.
By offering a Service, the Contingent Worker and/or Training Partner undertakes and guarantees that he/she has appropriate skills, experience, ability, permissions, rights and/or licenses to provide the Services that he/she offers/ed on The Singularity Company. Contingent Workers and Training Partners offering their Professional Services online must comply with The Singularity Company Terms & Conditions. Failing to do so may result in removal of the Professional Services and may lead to the suspension of the Contingent Workerâ€™s or Training Partnerâ€™s account.
The Singularity Company does not provide protection for users who interact outside of The Singularity Company platform.
The Singularity Company reserves the right to put any account on hold or permanently disable accounts due to breach of our Terms & Conditions or due to any illegal or inappropriate use of the platform or Services brought to our attention.
Users with disabled accounts will not be able to sell or buy Services on The Singularity Company platform.
Users who have violated our Terms & Conditions and had their account disabled may contact our Customer Services team for more information surrounding the violation and status of their account.
Users must be able to verify their account ownership through Customer Services by providing documents, identification and correspondence that prove ownership of that account to the satisfaction of The Singularity Company.
Users with the intention to (or who have the effect of) defame competing Contingent Workers will have their reviews / comments removed or further account rating related actions determined by review by our Customer Service team.
Users must not spam or solicit previous Clients or Contingent Workers and/or Training Partners to pursue removing/modifying reviews or cancelling Orders that do not align with Order Cancellation or Feedback policies or to solicit additional Services.
If you come across any content that may violate our Terms & Conditions, you should report it to us through Customer Services as outlined in our Terms & Conditions. Cases are reviewed by Customer Services. To protect individual privacy, the results of the investigation are not shared.
Users may receive a warning on their account for violations of our Terms & Conditions or any user misconduct reported to Customer Service. A warning will be sent to the user’s email address and will be displayed for such user on the Platform. Warnings do not limit account activity but can lead to your account losing ratings or becoming permanently disabled depending on the extent and severity of the violation.
- Adult Services & Pornography: The Singularity Company does not allow any exchange of adult- oriented or pornographic materials and Services.
- Inappropriate behaviour & language: Communication on The Singularity Company platform should be friendly, constructive, and professional. The Singularity Company condemns bullying, harassment, and hate speech towards others. We allow users a medium for which messages are exchanged between Contingent and/or Training Partners and Clients, as well as a structure to rate Orders. We value such feedback and comments to further improve our service offerings.
- Phishing and Spam: The Singularity Company takes the matter of its membersâ€™ security seriously. Any attempts to publish or send malicious content with the intent to compromising another memberâ€™s account or computer infrastructure is strictly prohibited. Please respect our membersâ€™ privacy by not contacting them for commercial purposes outside of the intents and purposes of The Singularity Company.
- Privacy & Identity: You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information. Any personal information exchange required for the completion of a Service must be provided within an Order and via Order Correspondence. Contingent Workers and/or Training Partners further, confirm, that whatever information they receive from the Client which is not public domain, shall not be used for any purpose whatsoever other than for the delivery of the work to the Client and will be treated as confidential. Any users who engage and communicate outside of The Singularity Company will not be protected by our Terms & Conditions and policies.
- Fraud / Unlawful Use: You may not use The Singularity Company for any unlawful purposes or to conduct illegal activities.
Abuse and Spam
- Multiple Accounts: To prevent fraud and abuse, users are limited to one active account. Any additional account determined to be created to circumvent guidelines, promote competitive advantages, or mislead The Singularity Company community, will be disabled. Mass account creation may result in disabling of all related accounts.
- Note: any violations of The Singularity Companyâ€™s Terms & Conditions are cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
- Selling Accounts: You may not buy or sell user accounts on The Singularity Company platform.
- Management of Content
Intellectual Property and ownership
Our Service allows you to post, link, store, share and otherwise make available certain information, text, graphics, videos, or other material.
Content which you provide
Any content which you provide or advertise must be the sole property of the user and may not infringe on any copyrighted content. Use of copyrighted content will result to legal circumstances and your subscription to The Singularity Company will be cancelled and refunded. You will not be allowed to register with The Singularity Company again after this infringement and you may be blacklisted with The Singularity Company.
The Singularity Company has full access and the right to review any content uploaded
- Administrators may remove content should any of the content infringe on The Singularity Company community guidelines
- Administrators may contact you regarding any infringements on Community guidelines
Should any userâ€™s content be an extreme infringement on Community guidelines:
- The user may have content posting access revoked
- The user may be banned
- The user may be contacted regarding the matter and circumstances will be put in place as well as disciplinary hearing
- The user may have their access to the Singularity Company revoked
- The Singularity Company Partners may have their subscription package terminated and depending on the age of the package since purchase, either a refund will be issued or no refund at all will be issued (See section 3 â€œMembership refundsâ€).
Information and details which you provide
All personal and business information which you provide must be of our own and valid. Any information that is provided which is not of your own will lead to legal circumstances. Any impersonation of a person or a business which is not your own will result in your registration being cancelled, and subscription refunded. You will be blacklisted with The Singularity Company and will not be allowed to re-register with The Singularity Company. Further legal action may take place.
- Linkages to other websites
The Singularity Company Services may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by The Singularity Company. The Singularity Company has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that The Singularity Company shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
- Changes to T&Câ€™s
The Singularity Company reserves the right, at the companyâ€™s sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms and Conditions at any time. If a revision is material The Singularity Company will try to provide at least 15 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at the companyâ€™s sole discretion.
The Singularity Company reserves the right to change or amendÂ T&Cs at any time.
You understand and agree that if youÂ useÂ The Singularity CompanyÂ afterÂ theÂ dateÂ onÂ which the Terms & Conditions have changed, The Singularity Company will treat yourÂ useÂ asÂ acceptance of the updated Terms & Conditions. Further, The Singularity Company will inform existing users with notice of updates to Terms & Conditions through email correspondence and by doing so, you agree to have been properly notified of such updated Terms & Conditions and that by continuing, you accept such updated Terms & Conditions.
Your use of The Singularity Company platform, its content and any services or items obtained through the website is done at your own risk and is provided on an â€˜as isâ€™ basis, without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied. Either The Singularity Company nor any persons associated with The Singularity Company makes any warranty or representation with respect to the completeness, effectiveness, security, reliability, quality, accuracy or availability of The Singularity Company platform.
- Limitation on liability
The Singularity Company, its affiliates, service providers, employees, agents, officers or directors will not under any circumstances be liable for damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the use, or inability to use The Singularity Company, including damages of a special or consequential type, including but not limited to, loss of data, and whether caused by delict (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise.
- Contact Details
If you have any questions about this Terms and Conditions document or about the Terms and Conditions stipulated in this Terms and Conditions document, please contact The Singularity Company at email@example.com.