Lloyd has extensive experience in Digital strategy development, project and programme delivery, portfolio management, IT governance, and ERP optimisation. He has worked on innovation delivery including big data, IoT and mobile solutions and on governance projects. He has set up two digital innovation companies one focused on Drone use cases and the other on utilisation of IoT and big data for farm productivity and security.
The majority of projects that he has been involved in revolve around digital strategy and IT capability delivery, ERP in particular, but also data warehousing and system development. The majority of this has been in the Financial Services (Banking) sector. He has also done Government, Insurance and Oil & Gas Industry work.
He is a confident communicator having presented to forums (mainly banking) both locally and internationally (Basel II, Banking innovation etc.). He has done various communication and facilitation training and consulting skills training (Deloitte, EY, SAP).
He is a highly independent individual who thrives on getting the job done. What he does is aligned with the corporate strategy. He has travelled and worked extensively in Africa and other countries so understands the delivery challenges and cultural differences from a broad perspective.
He has a strong ability to lead and motivate others having managed large and complex IT programmes and business units. He has been used to review projects and fix troubled projects. He has been successful in the delivery of projects and programmes because he takes ownership of the challenge and actively manages risk.He has been recognized (awards) both at SAP and Nedbank for delivering extremely challenging programmes.
Having worked in international (SAP, Deloittes, EY, Caltex, Gartner) and large corporates (Nedbank), he understands what it takes to empower a team and get the best out of the associated divisions. He has managed the EY IT Advisory practice, which exposed him to further IT Strategy, IT Governance and IT Risk Management consulting assignments. He has assisted as an external adjudicator of large IT tenders and has extensive experience from both the creation and answering of tenders and management of IT vendors.
Recent strategy and IT delivery projects / consulting assignments he has been involved in include;
• Barloworld Equipment – (Current) Digital Process Optimisation project lead and solution architect covering augmented reality, Mobility, Customer Realationship Management (CRM), Warehouse Automation, eCommerce, Real Time Capture and process Optimisation
• SARS – IT Strategy and Strategic Planning, Development of ERP Competence Centre
• Nedbank – Core Banking Application Innovation portfolio mangement, acquisition integration, integration strategy
• Imperial Bank – ERP delivery, PMO management, IT strategy development
• SAP Africa – Business strategy development, Banking sector divisional strategy, Programme and project management, Project and programme steering committee member (Landbank, Absa, BoE, Syfrets, etc.). Project review (ADB, Zimbabwe Government)
• EY – Governance model development, Core banking programme quality assurance (Standard Bank), IT procurement review (First Rand) , Collections and Disbursent core system delivery planning, (Liberty), Tender review (City of Joburg), Core banking vendor selection (Ithala Bank)